The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Workout 2.1

I started a workout program to help get me in running shape to complete a 5k last week.  While I did not start this workout specifically to run a 5k, I am thinking that if I actually sign up for one, I might be a bit more motivated.

This weeks workout consists of a 5 minute brisk walk followed by alternating a 90 second jog and a 2-minute walk for 20 minutes.  Now most of you 'athletic people' are dying laughing at only working out for a total of 25 minutes a workout (and for only 3 days a week),but for those who are not used to working in an exercise routine into our daily routine this works out perfect.

Since all the Brady Bunch kids have returned to their other parents home to start school, I am left with Breanna all day. While we have quite a few running trails right next to our house, I am stuck completing my workout inside, which actually works out great for this workout plan as I can watch the timer on my treadmill instead of checking my watch every few minutes in order to do the workout correctly.

Since we are currently renting a home, and haven't gotten permission to hang anything on our walls yet, my workout room is pretty uninspiring and is already becoming unmotivating.  While I am thankful to have a treadmill, I despise running on it as I get 'BORED' easily!
My boring exercise room
Today's workout: walked at a pace of 3.7 jogged at a pace of 5.0 for a total of 20 minutes plus my 5 minute walk warm-up resulted in 1.67 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment