The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Monday, September 26, 2011

Workout 6.1

Okay all you runners, do not laugh at me, but yea me!!! I increased my miles by 0.13 today!!!  I have four more weeks of workouts (including this week) to be able to run 3 miles (without my warm-up) in 30-minutes or less.

So just like last week I had three workout options to chose from.  All three start with a 5 minute brisk walk, which I do at a speed of 4.0.

Option 1: Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Option 2: Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)

Option 3: Jog 2 1/4 miles (or 25 minutes)

I chose option 2 and on the second 10-minute jog I increased my speed from 5.6 to 5.8.  Unfortunately with the speeds I am doing I am still not hitting the correct mile markers, but I am getting closer.  Since, with the 5-minute warm-up and today's work out equaled a 28-minute workout, I walked 2 more minutes to make my workout out a full 30 minutes.

Today's workout: walked at a pace of 4.0, jogged at a pace of 5.6-5.8, for a total of 30 minutes (which included my 5-minute warm-up walk) resulted in 2.55 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment