Since our household is doing the October Unprocessed Challenge, I am constantly looking for recipes. Although I have several homemade roll and bread recipes, I am always looking for new and quicker recipes. Today I found this recipe at allrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 8 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the shortening, sugar, and hot water. Allow to cool until lukewarm, and mix in the yeast until dissolved. Mix in the egg, salt, and flour. Allow the dough to rise until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into the prepared muffin cups, and allow to rise again until doubled in size.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.