The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Thursday, October 27, 2011

running, running, running...

So my couch-to-5k training is technically over and while I have been searching for a running group for the last few weeks, I have been unsuccessful thus far.  I have several posts on sites, but have yet to receive one response.  So I am still 'hitting' my lame treadmill!

This past week I have been trying to avoid catching a cold that Eric had last week, but I haven't been able to fully avoid it.  Thankfully so far I have only had fatigue and a little tightness in my chest. In order to continue to stay active I have decreased my running, but have been on the treadmill more often than in the previous weeks.


My goal since completing my couch-to-5k workout is to increase my speed and distance.  In order to fulfill this goal I have decided that I need to be on the treadmill more than 3 days a week, although I don't have to run each day.   My only rule (which I made on Tuesday), is that I have to do a minimum of 3 miles and no less than 30-minutes.


Monday I only did 2.25 miles in 30 minutes, which made me remember why I don't run when Breanna is home!  My back faces the door and she finds it funny to come in while I am running and yell.  Scares me every time!

Tuesday because I didn't feel so great due to Eric 'sharing his cold' I walked 3 miles in 45 minutes.

Today I had the brilliant thought of alternating walking and running every .25 miles.  Since running on the treadmill is extremely boring I made a game out of it by trying to see how quickly I could run my .25's (walking I always do at a pace of 4.0).  I started at 6.0 and finished at a speed of 6.6!  Here is hoping I can increase this to 7.0 by the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment