The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Workout 7.2

Don't you just love when you are so engaged in your workout that you forget you are actually working out, especially when running?  Until...things start flying off the treadmill.  I often have a handful of items on my treadmill such as a bottle of water, a few Kleenex, my workout schedule, a few pieces of paper to write down my daily workout results, a pen, and a towel.  First thing to fly, my pen, no worries though it just rode the belt to the end landing nicely on the carpet.  Luckily this did not ruin my concentration on my run.  I actually got in such a trance I forgot I was running.

Until...my foot hit the front of the treadmill, making me lose my balance and become very thankful that 1) there are handles on the treadmill to catch yourself and 2) I was in my own home for NO ONE else to see.  Unfortunately this messed up the rhythm of the remaining minutes (10 minutes) of my workout, which was probably a good thing cause remember all that stuff I keep on my treadmill?  Well more stuff started fallin'.  Next was my towel that I keep on one of side rails, unlike the pen it decided to stay on the edge of the treadmill (5 minutes remaining) and with 2 minutes remaining I was just done and I slowly counted down the remaining seconds of my workout.

Today's workout: walked at a pace of 4.0, jogged at a pace of 6.0, for a total of 30 minutes (which included my 5-minute warm-up walk) resulted in 2.83 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment