The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Addicted to post-its

You never know how dirty something is until you start cleaning it! While I knew the house wasn't spotless, I didn't expect it to be so dirty...

I have lived in several older homes both rentals and properties I have owned, and maybe it's because I was spoiled to live in our last home, we moved in 2 weeks after the house was completed. But I spent 2 days, cleaning the kitchen! You know things are bad when you have to clean, before you can clean.

I started with cleaning out the washer and dryer, so I could do laundry. Then moved on to the half bathroom so we could use the bathroom, then cleaned the kitchen sink and counters so I could start cleaning the kitchen. I won't bore you with my cleaning routine, but by Friday night the house was at a point where I could stop cleaning and start thinking about where I want or need to put everything.

The more things I can figure out where they are going to go, the more I can utilize the movers with helping me unpack. Because this house is so much smaller than our last and we are going from 5 bedrooms to 3, we have to be creative on how we set everything up so everything fits. First things first, the kids beds. Now for all the obnoxious stuff: pool table, foosball table, treadmill, and dining room table, I know that last one sounds odd, but we have a large eat in kitchen and a formal dining room area. Oh and I can't forget having to figure out where everything goes in the kitchen.

So, what's the best way to figure this all out??? Why Post-Its of course!!!


With a stack of small post-its, a sharpie, and a tape measure, I start marking off options. The Florida room (sun room) has post-its all over the floor, with different options for the pool table (once I can figure out where that will go I can start putting more post-its all over the room), in the hallway there are ones stuck to the wall to direct the movers between the girls room and the boys room, with additional ones in their rooms on where beds, dressers, bookcases, and boxes go. The kitchen tho is my favorite master piece, maybe its because there are so MANY pink post-its all over the white cabinets.

About 1/3 way through the kitchen I start laughing at myself and say out loud... I think I might have a problem...who else would spend all this time thinking through, writing, posting post-its, re-arranging post-its and then posting more?
 
Who knows maybe I am just addicted to them?!






No comments:

Post a Comment