The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Drum roll please...

I know it has been killing you wondering what I was going to do since I finished my Couch to 5K training program. Well call me crazy but I don't foresee running a 5K any time soon, so I thought I'd move onto training for a 10K. The app I been using offers several other free apps so it was a no brainer on choosing what to do next.

The 10K training program is a 14 week program, that is designed for the beginner runner. Since I have already completed their 5K training, I now have to decide do I want to start from week 1 or jump to where I left off. So here we go....

This weeks workout is alternating a 10 minute run with a 1 minute walk (4 times) after a 5 minute warm-up and ending with a 5 minute cool-down.

Sunday: day off
Monday: 4.82 miles in 53 minutes
Tuesday: day off
Wednesday: I didn't want to run, but I did. I even kicked Eric out of the bed and bedroom (he was home sick today) so I could run before Ms sassy pants got home from school. I changed my clothes, blasted my new running mix of songs, turned my running app on, and walked off my negative thoughts of not wanting to run. As I began my run, I noticed I had a nice tempo going...and then...my app told me it was time to start walking....oops I picked the wrong week, instead of week 9 I picked week 1, yea huge difference. But no worries, it just meant I either needed to run week 1 (a 30 minute - easy workout) or watch the clock...stupid me chose to watch the clock. Besides watching the clock, for some reason my sock decided it didn't want to stay in place, so with several stops here and there to pull the stupid thing up and the annoying hassle of calculating when to run/walk/ cool down this workout is finally done! 4.81 miles in 53 minutes
Thursday: Day off
Friday: My sleep schedule has sucked a$$ this week, but shouldn't be an excuse for not running.  So I will blame it on Eric who has been either home or sent home almost all week (annoying!!!). Needless to say between being glued to the television all day watching the events unfolding on the school shooting in Newtown, CT and Eric being home most of the day my 10K training run did not occur. HOWEVER, after feeling beyond bloated all day, I finally got my fat butt on the treadmill at 7:30pm (yea not ideal but whatever!). I walked .25 miles, than ran .75. Total miles 2 (bragging rights are right there people!) in 23.20 minutes. Yes I know I have to run tomorrow.
Saturday: Bona fide SLACKER!!! Yep that is me, it's 4:40pm and I am still in my pj's and proud of it. Feeling slightly guilty about not running today but not guilty enough to actually do it and believe me I somewhat attempted too....ok I actually just opened the drawers that hold my running clothes and quickly shut them. Even Ms Bre was no help, she picked out a shirt, threw it at me and walked off. Completely hopeless I tell ya....

No comments:

Post a Comment