The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week off....week on

As you may (or may have not) noticed, I took last week off...from everything, but stuffing my face. I didn't even weigh or take my measurements on Friday and I completely slacked on tracking my food on MFP. I decided that since my birthday fell on a Friday, I would take the following week off of everything but housework (and even that was minimal!).

Now that my birthday celebration week is over (no I didn't do anything fun or exciting!) its back to the grind. Eric and I joined a gym yesterday, spring break is right around the corner and we rented a condo on the beach for 8 nights and I will be in a bikini regardless of what I look like, cause this momma needs a tan!!! Unfortunately, due to the extreme flooding we are having (yet again), it looks like my first gym workout might have to wait until Wednesday. Regardless, it's time to get this week started...

Sunday: Day off
Monday: Ran week 9 of 10K training. 5 minute warm-up followed by 10 minute run, 1 minute walk (repeat for a total of 4 times), and completed with a 5 minute cool-down, at an incline of 1. Today's run resulted in 4.86 in 53 minutes.
.

Tuesday: Whoo hoo, the rains stopped, the severe weather we were supposed to get missed us and our winds today are only up to 45 mph. Besides the wind (here and there), the sun is out and our high is almost 70, so I am hitting the gym. Since the gym we joined is fairly new, open only 2 weeks, it is going to be a gamble on finding a time to go when it isn't too crowded.
9:30am workout, is a bit of a busy time, for now. When Eric and I signed up the gym was so busy with people checking in and signing up that they were unable to show anyone around and today was just the same. In retrospect, I should have followed a few families on their tour. My experience today was basically fend for myself and figure things out, I am thinking next time I may just schedule some time with someone to show me the ropes and get some suggestions. Today I started with a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill (speed between 4-4.3) followed by arm workout and a quick tan session.

Wednesday: so much to do today, so taking the day off

Thursday: Gym day!  But first I have to pay bills...one of my least favorite things to do cause there is nothing like seeing a nice size paycheck disappear in a matter of minutes! I arrived at the gym about 10:30am and it was just as busy as it was on Tuesday, but most of the people seemed to be using the weights or were waiting for some of the 'privelages' (tanning, massage chairs and beds) than on the cardhttp://www.myfitnesspal.com/io machines. Of course I opted to start with a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill. Our gym has two rows of treadmills (easily 30 or more of them) and only 3 other people using them. I positioned myself so I was no where near either of the others BUT 4 minutes into my warm-up a gal comes and gets on the treadmill right next to m, REALLY???? out of all the other open treadmills YOU HAVE TO BE RIGHT NEXT TO ME???? My 10 minutes could not have been up soon enough! A quick drop off of my stuff into the locker room and it's time to hit the weights...it's leg day! I ended my workout with a 20 minute bike ride which resulted in almost 4 miles.

Friday: Oh my...my calves are screaming at me! My initial plan was to do another week 9 workout, but I don't think my calves are going to handle an hour run, so 3 miles seems more appropriate. With a 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down my workout totaled 3.66 miles in 38:48 minutes. I was only able to cut off a little time because I was playing around with my speeds (6-7)

Saturday: Today is supposed to be a gym day, but here it is 1pm, my calves are still killing me, no matter how much I stretch them, massage them with my foam roller (which hurts so badly it could make you cry!), and Eric, who swore he was going to the gym is still sitting in front of the tv flipping between movies and sports games. I know I could just go, but to be honest it's so cold outside, I am quite content sitting under my electric blanket watching Disney movies with Bre. Looks like it might be a late gym visit, or it will have to wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment