The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The treadmill

If anyone reads my posts, especially my running/ workout posts, you know that I stick with the treadmill instead of taking my running/ walking outside. I came across a few facts that I felt were pretty important when it comes to working out on the treadmill, and honestly I don't recall where I found the info, but once I find it I will insert proper credit and a link. But for now...here is what I'd like to share:

Speed on treadmill = __ minute mile
Miles per hour Minutes per mile
5 12
6 10
7 8:34
8 7:30
9 6:40
10 6
11 5:27
12 5


Calories burned

Walking (3 to 4mph)
   Total calories burned per mile = .53*weight in pounds
   Net calories burned per mile = .30*weigh in pounds
Running (5.0 or higher)
   Total calories burned per mile = .75*weight in pounds
   Net calories burned per mile = .63*weight in pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment