The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy half-birthday Turkey

5/20/2014
Yep, it is true! Turkey is now 6 months old. She had her 6 month well child check up on August 20th and for most things she is slightly ahead of her peers, but she is behind on her speech so we will be focusing more time on reading and talking one-on-one with her in hopes her speech will better at her next appointment in August.

As of today she is 13 pounds and 14 ounces (down from 21 percentile to 11 percentile), which I have to admit I swear that scale was wrong because this kid eats almost non-stop and even wakes at night 1-2 times just to feed for 30-60 minutes. I kid you not, there are some mornings that by 7am she has already fed for 2 hours. On the brighter side she has grown...must be where all that food is going, she is now 25 1/2 inches long and her big ole head is still big at the 75th percentile at 43cm. Even though she has been congested the last few days there are no signs those two stupid teeth we have been watching are going to be making their appearance soon and no signs of illness. So Turkey received 5 vaccines, two of them via injection and the other 3 combined in oral form. Usually shots equal more accessories, but our day was pretty full and we had to rush off to the high school for an award (honors) ceremony.

Some of the things I've been doing over the last month
  • I found my toes...and I like to chew on them
  • I've slowed down on my rolling over
  • But am working on pulling myself up into sitting position. Mom counts to 3 after I get my diaper changed and on 3 I pull up on her fingers and I also work on sitting up from a propped up position, especially if someone is eating food or has something that interests me
  • I tend to only talk or babble when I am crying, but occasionally will try to converse when I have something in my mouth
  • I do like having my bink now, however I like to chew on the edges or the backside of it. DO NOT put the nipple part in my mouth or I will shoot it like a cannon...quite funny to watch but hasn't been caught on camera...yet
  • I don't mind being on my tummy and occasionally when no one is looking I will scoot around, but would rather have someone carry me than try to get from here to there
  • Went to watch Jarom and his soccer team play in the first round of playoffs in Daphne, AL
  • I decided I want to sit up on my own, while taking a bath
  • Took my first trip to the beach, Gulf Shores, AL on May 10th
4/24/14 Turkey and her turkey playing with their toys
5/3 Yep I think I am cute!

5/4 Turkey decided it was time to sit up
5/8 Tummy time isn't so bad...at least today
5/10 Getting my picture taken for a future photoshop moment!
5/10 First time at the beach, just hanging out in my tent! Gulf Shores, AL
5/11 Mom I want some ice cream too!
5/19 half-birthday nap
5/18 Getting all 'dolled-up' to go to Jarom's Baccalaureate Ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment