The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Here goes nothing

As much as I don't want or like to disclose my faults, I think my only reality may be to open up just a bit and share. Obviously I am taking the less road traveled and posting here, because as far as I know no one reads this compared to my facebook feeds!

So here it goes...

Surprise pregnancy ended November 2013 and without any effort I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a few weeks (2-3). I don't know if I just got the thought in my head I could drop an additional 10 pounds without trying, or that I could eat whatever I wanted to, because so far I had  been, and still lose weight. Or if the true reality was those first few weeks and well into 2 months postpartum, I was so busy with new adjustments and visitors I was actually moving and burning calories. In the past I had always dropped the weight and toned right back up within a short time period, so why would this time be any different.

BUT it is, not only have I gained back some of the weight I am tip toeing, no more like running at full speed towards my heaviest weight. I do know this, once turkey quit sleeping through the night (yep my child is backwards and slept through the night since day 1 until month 4ish) my sleep and eating habits changed dramatically and the weight started coming on. AND I MEAN ON! I gained 10 pounds in almost a month! So it may not be much of a fault, but there it is...I am not only heavier but I have so much 'fluff' I am starting to be extremely self conscious and there is NO WAY I am buying a bigger wardrobe!

What to do, what to do....

Now I am not one to complain about not getting gifts, but I can't tell you the last time I received a Christmas present (except money from my parents that I turn around and spend on the kids), birthday present (again except money I get from my parents, which either goes towards bills or kids....the two things I am not supposed to spend it on...sorry mom!), or a Mother's Day present.  So this year, I bought myself a combined gift for myself and shortly after purchasing it there was the guilt cause lets be honest there is always something that money could be used for...you know like food, bills, oil change for my car (you don't want to know how long I went without one!), but I sucked it up and now my 'present' has been trickling in over the past 2 weeks.

My present to myself is a 13.1, 15 week training program! Heck I haven't ran and the only walking I tend to do revolves around errands so why not just jump into a half marathon training program right!
http://anothermotherrunner.com/

This program offers 3 training options: walk/ run, run, or race it! If you read this before July 7th (start date of training) check out their site for more information, https://motherrunnerstore.com/shop/99/13.fun-half-marathon-challenge.

Here are the goodies I have gotten so far in the mail!



Today, I am one step closer to starting as the training programs were release for us to chose which one we'd complete. I also signed up for Strava, a free tracking (GPS) program, previously I had been using DailyMile, if you'd like to follow me click here or check out my wiget on the right side (hopefully it's working!).

This training will be an interesting one for me because not only have I rarely exercised since our little surprise Turkey arrived 7 months ago, but I will be pushing her in a stroller and Kayla has decided to accompany me on this journey. I am sure we will have a few interesting updates so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment