The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Registration for College?!?!

If it is easy, it's not my life!

Last week I received my official letter from the University of South Alabama stating "Congratulations! You are officially scheduled to graduate at the completion of Summer Semester 2011!" Yeah me!!!

Due to already having a heavy load of classes this term, 6 upper level courses, I decided to take my last 2 courses this summer. Easy right?

Wrong!!! So this week, as I am on Spring Break, they post the summer schedule and the two classes I need are being taught for the same summer term ending in June, bonus! They are even being taught on the same days, which is a bigger bonus, but are taught at the same time! UGHHHH

Quick email to my advisor to find out my options, in return she states my only other option is take 1 class (through June) Monday through Friday 10am till 12:20 and take the other course (through August) Monday and Wednesday nights 5:30 till 9 pm. Uh-huh cause that really works with my life! So does anyone know a sitter who would be willing to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 is till 1:30 and then again Monday and Wednesday nights from 4 till 10pm? Oh and did I forget to mention I have to work sometime during the week too!

Again, welcome to my life!!! =)

So a quick email to the Department Chair of the Business College, who thankfully is one of my professors this term and already knows some of our families situations (to be presented at a later time!). And now we wait. Good news though, my advisor emailed me back and stated that she spoke with the Department and put in a request to have one class taught at 8am and the other at 10am. So here is to keeping our fingers crossed.

On a brighter, yet scarier note, Jarom picked out his first year of classes for Weber State. Late last year Jarom received an invitation to participate in NUAMES - Northern Utah Academy of Math, Engineering, and Science and he has decided to major in Engineering. His first year will include completing his high school credits along with a few college courses.

The courses he chose are:
Engineering
Algebra 2
Biology
Social Studies
English
Spanish 4 (on a waiting list)
Seminary (still trying to work this one into his schedule)
Drivers Education
Health (1/2 year)
Fit for Life aka PE (1/2 year)
Art (1/2 year)
Astrology (back-up elective 1/2 year)

I don't know if I am more excited or scared! I can't believe my little munchkin will be on Weber State campus for the next 3 years. Since he will only be 15 in the fall and obviously unable to drive, he will have to catch the high school bus in the morning and then take the local bus from the high school to Weber State. Due to his class load, however, he is unsure if he will be able to make it to Weber in time and then be able to return to the high school in time to catch that bus home.

Thankfully, he knows one other student in the program and maybe able to have some additional options on transportation. Future updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment