The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Friday, January 6, 2012

10K workout 1.5

Thankfully today was a walking day. I am not sure if it's the weather alternating between freezing and the mid 50's but my left knee (the one I injured in a motorcycle accident in 2008) was stiff all day. And while it feels completely swollen, there is no physical difference between both knees.

As you might be able to see in my picture below, I decided to read while I walked. I know this isn't the best thing to do, I walk slower and I am sure my posture is off just enough to make me walk differently, but since I am making myself walk at least 1 hour, it sure helps pass the time, especially when I don't have to get anything off my mind (LOVE those days)! I read for about 2 miles of my walk at a speed of 3.8 and around mile 2 I decided to increase my speed to 4.2, which is my average walking speed so far. I also put on my pedometer for 1 mile to get a more accurate step per mile for my stride. Usually on Monday and Wednesday's I get out of the house to go walking at an indoor facility.

The hosts of these events hand out free pedometers and has informed us that the average person takes 2000 steps per mile and 5 laps equals 1 mile. After my first two walks I noticed I had far less steps per miles I was tallying on my phone. I had thought my miles equaled 1870 steps, however today on the treadmill it was actually about 1840 per mile.

Today's workout: walked 4.05 miles which averaged a 14:48 pace. YUCK!!! I need to quit reading when I walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment