The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I looked out the window and what did I see...



Do you see what I see?

As I waited for Breanna's bus to bring her home after school today, I noticed that one of our trees is starting to bud. This tree had just shed the last of its leaves last week during the storm.


I wish we had a yard for a garden this size!
Along with the fact that tomorrow is the first of February this new site is confirmation I need to get a final garden layout decided and get seeds planted. Eric and I, along with input from the Brady Bunch kids, had started planning our garden a few weeks ago and last weekend we went to a few stores to determined our final choices of vegetables and to double check when each crop needed to be planted. Our garden area will consist of the dirt borders around our grass in the backyard and a few containers to house some items that didn't grow so well last year.


I am also debating on moving my herbs that are currently planted to the right of our backdoor, which was convenient during the warmer weather, but went untouched during the colder, wetter months. I've thought about growing them in pots to be able to bring them indoors during the winter months. But I don't have a good indoor spot to put them, especially since I have gotten all the kids addicted to fresh herbs and they have added quite a few more to our list to grow. So now I have two thoughts, grow them in an old pallet so all the herbs in one 'pot' which would not only be easy to get to but easy to move (although I am not sure where I would move them to in my house during the colder months....




Oh the decisions and dilemmas of planning. I did come across a great site that will assist with starting and planting your garden based on your zip code. Check it out, sproutrobot



No comments:

Post a Comment