The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Monday, January 16, 2012

Surprise...

I just love when I come across things I forgot I had. You know the feeling, like when you find money in clothing you haven't worn in a year or so. I admit, I purposely will stick a few bucks to a couple of $20's in coats at the end of the season to give myself a treat. Yes, I totally forget that I do this when I find the money, which makes it that much more exciting when I find it.

Sadly, I didn't find any money, although it is laundry day so I may get 'rich' today. I had been snowing on and off since yesterday and so I have been trying to grab a few pictures here and there, but until this morning I have been taking pics with my good ole iPhone. Then the awe haw moment... I have this great camera that is just sitting upstairs. Run upstairs, grab camera, run back downstairs (without falling down the stairs), and start shooting a couple of pics to try and capture the heavy downfall of snow. Take a quick peak at the pictures I have taken to see how they are turning out and what do I find...pictures of all the kids on their last full day together for Christmas break.

Besides making a few returns, the kids had decided to go ice skating and then just hang out at home on their last day together. So I am a bad mom/ bonus mom when it came to taking pictures while the kids were ice skating, sadly I spent most of my time running Bre back and forth to the bathroom, which was upstairs, trying to calm and convince Jayson to go a few times around on the ice rink, instead of giving up the minute he put his skates on, taking care of broken skates, blisters, dealing with the aftermath of the occasional fall, and then dodging others while attempting to get a picture in that one second window as each kid came around the rink. Sadly the only somewhat viewable picture was of Jarom.
Once we made it home, it was game time....all night, and yes I mean all night! The first batch of Brady Bunch kids had to leave for the airport at 4am the next day. As some of you may know from previous posts, we have turned our upstairs bonus room into a game/ movie/ and video game room. At the time of the pictures we had 3 gaming systems, we have recently acquired #4, and our family received a pool/ air-hockey/ and table tennis combo table from my parents and Eric and I purchased a foosbol table to complete our room. The girls played on game tables while the boys played video games. We had moved the Wii downstairs a few days before, which allowed us 'girls' to be able to play a few video games ourselves. Thankfully no one thought to take pictures or video of us dancing away in the living room. There are some bonuses of not purchasing furniture!















No comments:

Post a Comment