The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Monday, October 15, 2012

She's at it again

Yep, that she is me and I am attempting to grow things in my kitchen.

The downfall about my new kitchen is that it doesn't have direct access to outside light. My LAME kitchen sits in between my dinning room and the eat in kitchen area, which is on the other side of my Florida room. This kitchen is honestly the darkest kitchen I have ever had! But that didn't stop me on trying to see what I could 're' grow on my kitchen counter in a Tupperware and water.

Part of my decision to do this was the fact that I should have already planted over a dozen items in the garden...oh wait, I don't have a defined area for a garden, just a ton of grass and a good size border in the back yard of rock beds.


 I know that celery can be regrown, but while I was cutting up my last head of romaine lettuce, I thought to myself (yea I do that a lot) I wonder if this would regrow? So chop of the leaves, grab a tupperware, put a bit of water in the bottom and set the bottom of the lettuce in the water and wait!

I didn't have to wait too long, less than 2 days to see that it was starting to grow! Yay me!!!


Tomorrow, I am going to the store to figure out what else I can try to regrow in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment