The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Friday, January 18, 2013

Week 13...10K training is almost done


This weeks workout:
1) 5 minute warm-up, run 22 minutes, then walk 1 minute, repeat, 5 minute cool-down, for a total of 55 minutes - whoo hoo for a shorter run week! (WRONG...should have looked ahead before posting).
2) 5 minute warm-up, run 25 minutes, then walk 1 minute, repeat, 5 minute cool-down, for a total of 61 minutes
3)  5 minute warm-up, run 30 minutes, then walk 1 minute, repeat, 5 minute cool-down, for a total of 71 minutes

A few motivational quotes for this week:
"Fear is what stops  you...courage is what keeps you going."
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."
"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great."
"No matter how good you get you can always get better and that's the exciting part." ~Tiger Woods
"Whatever you can do, or think you can, begin it. Boldness has power, and genius, and magic in it."
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." ~Arisotle
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." ~Maya Angelou

Sunday: Day off

Monday: Is it bad to start doing Just Dance moves when you hear a song, while running on the treadmill? Don't judge! But I tried it, it didn't really work but it made my run that much more entertaining. After hearing two songs, Dynamite (3) and Call Me Maybe (4), I had to grab my iPod to finish my run in order not to seriously injure myself. During my cool-down, I flipped the radio back on and another Just Dance song came on!!! On The Floor (4), at least with this song there is NO WAY to do any of the moves on the treadmill! 5.13 miles in 55 minutes. Now to go play Just Dance! Finally broke down and bought a total body foam roller...in heaven!!!

Tuesday: Day off
Wednesday: I am going to start off this entry with a rant...
1) I am sooooo tired, Eric started running a third line (shift) at work this week and of course since he is the project manager he has volunteered (his own doing) to not only work all of 3rd shift but he has also been working almost all of 1st shift too. On one hand yea me for extra time to myself, BUT these extra hours do not equal extra pay AND I am a routine girl, which means my schedule is thrown off because he has been coming home hours earlier than normal.
2) By 6am we had already hit our high for the day...68 degrees, it's cloudy, muggy, and by the time I started running it was 74 degrees, so much for the weatherman's forecast!
3) I finally decided to burn my running playlist to a CD so I wouldn't have to either blast my computer speakers or put on my iPod...but I have too many songs for 1 CD, ughhhh another thing to add to my check list, cut down songs and burn to CD.
4) What I thought was going to be an easy week of running (55 minutes each workout) was WRONG!!! Every workout is different...must edit earlier sections! Oh and did I already say it's HOT and I have to run longer???
5) This has been on my mind for quite a while, part of the reason that it still exists is a) I am lazy, b) not quite sure what to do at this point, c) not sure if I trust anyone to make this decision for me...my hair! It is long, as usual (I only cut it 1-2 times a year), I like it long cause again I am lazy, I just wash and put tons of hair products in it to keep the curl and reduce the possible frizz (oh the joys of curly hair). I usually pull it up into a ponytail when I run but ti seems that my hair is either in the way OR increasing my sweating (or helping the sweat 'stream' to other part of my body - I will let your imagination figure that one out!). So I need to either decide to cut it (how much?), wear it a different way (where it won't bounce or 'stream' sweat into/ onto other parts of my body), or just leave it and deal with the outcomes.
Okay I guess I should get to my workout...Today's adventure was quite fun, I played a new game (I had to come up with something otherwise I might have tried Just Dance again on the treadmill). My game was to focus on the actual lyrics of my running playlist songs, word by word, line by line, and if something popped out at me I'd jot it down on my writing pad on my phone. Yes I have my phone on the treadmill with me, my running app is on it. Surprisingly it was quite a distraction because my attention was on the words of songs not how much further I needed to run. Time flew by until my hamstrings started making a fuss (15 minutes before my workout was completed). Today's workout resulted in 5.74 miles in 61 minutes.
Thursday: Day off
Friday: Friday, Friday, Friday!!! (shouted in a megaphone!) Here is hoping that Eric's attempt to work double shifts comes to an end today...or his employer decides to pay him extra! I am completely dreading today's workout, two 30 minute runs with ONLY a 1 minute rest in between, OY! Okay, I just looked ahead to next weeks workout...a full 60 minute run each day. Enough procrastinating.
My workout today wasn't as bad as I thought, other than a sharp pains in my left knee (previously injured). I started out playing my lyrics game again but quickly my thoughts started to flow, and these thoughts were powerful enough (for me) that I had to start writing stuff down, so yeah I took a break here and there to jot down some of those thoughts. Over the weeks of doing these workouts I have realized that about ten minutes into it, my mind becomes so creative. Unfortunately, by the time I get to the end of my workout, I don't remember one single thing! I know somewhere we have a tape recorder, so I am thinking I need to search for that this weekend and place it on my treadmill (yes I still only run on my treadmill), who knows I may have more posts on my blog(s) or maybe I will come up with that get rich scheme....I mean plan!
Anyways, today's workout resulted in 6.73 miles in 71 minutes.
Saturday: Day off

No comments:

Post a Comment