The Brady Bunch Kids

The Brady Bunch Kids

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Two weeks of turkey

I can't believe how fast these two weeks have gone by and turkey has been with us for this long. Our little surprise turkey has been a true blessing! For the most part we've established a routine and we have been blessed with what we will call an all night sleeper. On occasion she will wake up in the middle of the night but who can blame her when she calls asleep at 8pm but so far she sleeps at least 6 hours per night. Most mornings she wakes up at 5 am, which has worked out perfect for our household morning routines. By the time we change diapers, feed, and have a little bonding time Breanna is ready for me to do her hair and finish getting her ready for her day and put on the bus. Eric has been leaving for work around 8 (he used to leave as early as 6:30) which allows him and turkey to have some bonding time while I focus on Bre.

Kylie after her 2 week check-up
Kylie had her two week check-up on December 4th. Although her appointment was at 8 we weren't seen till almost 9.  She has been doing so well on her feedings that she has gained almost a full pound. At her 2 day discharge appointment she was 6 pounds 12 ounces.

Her stats for her two week appointment were:
Weight: 7 pounds 9.5 ounces
Height: 20.25 inches
Head Circumference: 35.5 cm (about 14 inches)
Temperature: 98.1 degrees

No shots were needed at this appointment, but a heel stick was done to complete the final tests of the newborn screening. We should get the results sometime next week.  My next appointment is January 21st at 9am and I will be two months old!

Some fun facts:
  • I still tend to sleep 6+ hours at night
  • I still love to eat, but mom and I are developing a better feeding schedule and it is obviously working because my weight is up
  • I love baths
  • My nails are still pretty long I still tend to scratch myself
  • I haven't fully developed control over my arms, so I often hit myself in the face, which sometimes makes me cry
  • During the day I am staying awake for longer periods of time and enjoy looking around, even though mommy and daddy have no clue what I look at
  • I have this new squeaking noise I make when I sleep, eat, and am awake that a new nickname may be given...squeaker!
  • Mom was able to drive for the first time since I was born, so we had our first outing together after my doctors appointment. First we met dad for lunch (I slept the entire time), then mom and I went to Target (I slept through the whole trip) and then headed off to Walmart, where mom had to stop shopping early because I was awake and ready to eat!
  • Within the next couple of days to weeks I am going to have the following people come visit me. Grandma and Grandpa Lovegren are flying into Atlanta, GA on Saturday 12/7, but are going to go to Tennessee for a few days and come see me on Tuesday 12/10 through 12/18. On 12/17 my sister MyKayla and Jarom's girlfriend Heidi are flying into Dothan and they are going to be here with me until 1/6/14!

No comments:

Post a Comment